At Moderne Magazine, our goal is to provide a candid, non-censored platform to talk about mental health, society, women’s rights, LGBTIQ rights, feminism, and issues of the minority groups.
As a policy, we encourage intersectionality and welcome women writers, writers from the LBGTQ community, writers from the Bahujan and Adivasi community, and writers from other marginalized communities.
Below is the list of topics that we cover:
- Intersectionality: Marginalised communities, Everyday Sexism, Benevolent Sexism, Body image, women’s health, caste, class, race, sex and sexuality, LGBTQIA+, disability, and mental health, violence, masculinity and privilege, religion, and rural and urban communities and everything similar.
- Feminism 101
- Hindi: We also have a Hindi section where we will publish everything and anything under the roof of feminism in Hindi.
- Ad/ Film critique: If you have to vent about that recent ad you saw on TV grossly misrepresenting women, gender, or gender-based violence in mainstream media and/or popular media, email us!
- Society: In this section, we cover stories from campus, workplace, news, politics, stories about women in sports, and women in STEM as well as global stories of importance.
- Personal Essays: Want to write about a case of sexual violence or childhood trauma? We offer you space anonymously.
- Culture: Artwork, film and book review, photo-essays, travel, and pop culture.
Please note, we as a publication are strictly against ableist slangs in our content. Here is a resource on the same, kindly go through it: https://www.autistichoya.com/p/ableist-words-and-terms-to-avoid.html